Mr Vikas Chadha
MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS (Glasgow), FRCOphth (London)
Mr Vikas Chadha has been an experienced Eye Surgeon in Glasgow in the West of Scotland since 2009 and is now a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology at Gartnavel General Hospital. He is an experienced cataract surgeon having performed thousands of cataract surgeries. He rigorously audits his results and has found his success rate well above the UK national standards with an overall complication rate of less than 1 percent.
- General Medical Council (Specialist Register) GMC No 6041725
- British Medical Association
- International Society of Ocular Oncology
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- Scottish Ophthalmological Club
- Cataract Surgery
- Eyelids- ectropion, entropion, ptosis, eyelid lumps and bumps
- Lacrimal- watery eyes, DCR
- Orbits- eye socket disorders, tumors
- Ocular Oncology (Eye Cancers including Basal Cell Carcinoma)
About Your Surgeon
He is one of two Consultants responsible for delivering the Scottish Ocular Oncology Service that is centrally funded by the National Services Division, a division of National Services Scotland, a national NHS Board. This runs in conjunction with, and complementary to, his tertiary referral oculoplastics service. His service also delivers general ophthalmology clinics and cataract operating lists.
Vikas is an examiner for the Royal College of Glasgow Fellowship examinations and a faculty member on the ChM Masters programme in Ophthalmology run by the University of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He also runs an annual ophthalmology course for General Practitioners at the Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology.