Before eyelid surgery:-
- Make sure to shower and shampoo before the procedure and to wash your eyebrows
- Do not wear make-up or other cosmetics should not be worn.
- Leave false eyelashes, contact lenses, jewellery, and any other accessories at home.
- Wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothing to your surgery
Talk to the surgeon to find out whether any prescription medicines or eye drops you regularly take may be taken the morning of your eyelid surgery.Make sure that your surgeon is aware of you are on any blood-thinning medication (aspirin, clopidogrel, warfarin etc).
After-care for eyelid surgery:-
After a blepharoplasty, you’ll need to have a way to get home- it’s likely your surgeon will tell you not to drive for at last 24 hours after your procedure. In addition, eye surgeon will instruct you to do any or all of the following:
- Use prescription eye drops or ointments as directed.
- Be very gentle when cleaning the area around your eyelids.
- If you wear contacts, use your glasses instead.
- Wear dark tinted sunglasses and/or sunscreen when outside to protect your eyes from sun and the wind.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t lift anything heavy or take part in strenuous activities or exercise for at least 7-10 days.
- Don’t swim.
- Don’t rub your eyes.